Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Recovery Bill of Rights


A Recovery Bill of Rights for Trauma Survivors, Part 2

In my last entry I posted the first part of Thomas V. Maguire’s recovery bill of rights.  This is the second installment.   I hope you find it interesting.

To guard your personal boundaries you have the right to…

Speak or remain silent, about any topic and at any time, as you wish.

Ask for help in healing, without having to accept help with everything.

Take action to stop a trespass that does not cease when challenged.

Choose to accept or decline feedback, suggestions, or interpretations.

Be touched only with, and within the limits of your consent.

Challenge any crossing of your boundaries.

 

Bill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel so much more empowered! I will read these every time I feel I need to be reminded. Tim